DICKINSON, ND- The Dickinson State University Football team is currently ranked 25th in the NAIA in the recent release of the NAIA Top 25. The Blue Hawks are currently 3-0 in NSAA play and 5-1 overall. So far this season, the Blue Hawks have defeated MSU-Northern, the University of Jamestown, Presentation College, Valley City State and Waldorf College. The lone loss came aginst the Rocky Mountain College Bears on August 29th.
Dickinson State return to the field on Saturday, October 10th as they face off with the University of Jamestown Jimmies in a NSAA match up. The first meeting between the Blue Hawks and Jimmies at Dickinson was a non-conference game.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999)
• Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) garners the No. 1 ranking for the second-consecutive week and the second time in program history. Aided by a 42-17 win at Union (Ky.) last Saturday, the Blue Raiders received 13 first-place votes and 339 total points. Lindsey Wilson (4-0) returns to the field Saturday against Cumberlands (Ky.).
• Prior to 2015, Lindsey Wilson had never been ranked higher than No. 6 (Nov. 6, 2014).
• No. 2 Southern Oregon and No. 3 Morningside (Iowa) also claimed first-place votes in the poll.
• Morningside holds the longest active streak of top 10 rankings, having been listed among the top 10 teams for 53-straight polls dating back to Sept. 19, 2011.
• No. 25 Dickinson State (N.D.) is the lone newcomer this week. The Blue Hawks (5-1), which are off to their best start since opening the year with six-straight wins in 2010, are ranked for the first time since the 2011 Preseason Coaches' Poll. Dickinson State is 3-0 in the North Star Athletic Association – 0.5 games ahead of second-place Mayville State (N.D.).
• Nine teams jumped a poll-high two spots this week. The most notable was Saint Francis (Ind.) leaping from No. 11 to No. 9, marking the first time the team has garnered a top-10 billing since Sept. 22, 2014.
• Marian (Ind.) had the largest fall within the poll, dropping from No. 6 to No. 14 this week. The Knights are 3-2 on the year and are looking to rebound from a 45-42 loss against Saint Francis Saturday at Taylor (Ind.).
• Four teams have held the No. 1 ranking this season – Lindsey Wilson, Marian, Morningside and Southern Oregon.
• Seven teams – all of which are listed in the Top 25 – remain unbeaten in NAIA football: No. 12 Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.) (5-0), No. 8 Doane (Neb.) (5-0), No. 19 Kansas Wesleyan (5-0), Saint Francis (5-0), No. 13 Reinhardt (Ga.) (5-0), Lindsey Wilson (4-0) and No. 23 St. Ambrose (Iowa) (4-0).
• The Frontier Conference and Great Plains Athletic Conference lead all leagues with four programs represented.
• The Central States Football League is the lone conference without representation in this week's installment.
• Thirty-five different teams have been ranked in 2015.
• Carroll (Mont.) owns the most top-billings with 58, followed by former member Sioux Falls (S.D.) (55), Georgetown (Ky.) (25), Morningside (18) and Saint Xavier (Ill.) (14).
• With the 187-straight Top 25 streak of Saint Francis (Ind.) snapped in mid-October last year, Carroll owns the active lead with 185. Morningside (104) and Saint Xavier (94) own the next longest streaks.
• Missouri Valley had its streak of 118-consecutive Top 25 mentions snapped on Sept. 28.
• For more information on NAIA football, click here.
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
• Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
• The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team's ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
• Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered "receiving votes."
• For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2015 NAIA Football Coaches' Top 25 Poll – No. 4 (Oct. 5)
|RANK||LAST TIME^||SCHOOL (1ST PLACE VOTES)||2015 RECORD||TOTAL POINTS|
|1||1||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) (13)||4-0||339|
|2||2||Southern Oregon (1)||3-1||321|
|3||4||Morningside (Iowa) (1)||4-1||314|
|5||7||Saint Xavier (Ill.)||4-1||276|
|7||9||Grand View (Iowa)||5-1||262|
|9||11||Saint Francis (Ind.)||5-0||241|
|11||12||Robert Morris (Ill.)||4-1||206|
|12||13||Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.)||5-0||196|
|18||19||William Penn (Iowa)||4-2||115|
|22||24||St. Francis (Ill.)||4-1||59|
|23||25||St. Ambrose (Iowa)||4-0||54|
|24||22||Webber International (Fla.)||2-2||36|
|25||RV||Dickinson State (N.D.)||5-1||25|
Dropped from the Top 25: Peru State (Neb.) (No. 20)
Others Receiving Votes: Cumberlands (Ky.) 8; Peru State (Neb.) 7; Campbellsville (Ky.) 5; Rocky Mountain (Mont.) 4.
^ Top 25 ranking from Sept. 28, 2015 Top 25 Poll