DICKINSON, ND- The Dickinson State University Football team has moved up one spot from last weeks 2015 NAIA Football Coaches' Top 25 Poll. The Blue Hawks are currently ranked #24 in the NAIA.
Dickinson State collected a blow out win over the University of Jamestown on Saturday, October 10th in Jamestown, ND. The Blue Hawks defeated the Jimmies 51-7 to climb to 6-1 overall and 4-0 NSAA.
The Blue Hawks travel to Madison, SD Saturday, October 17th to play NSAA rival Dakota State University. Kick off is set for 12:00 PM (MDT).
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999)
• Lindsey Wilson (Ky.), which received 12-of-15 first-place votes and 338 points, locks down the No. 1 ranking for the third-consecutive week and the third time in program history. The Blue Raiders improved to 5-0 on the season with a 41-19 victory against Cumberlands (Ky.) last Saturday.
• Prior to 2015, Lindsey Wilson had never been ranked higher than No. 6 (Nov. 6, 2014).
• No. 2 Southern Oregon (2) and No. 3 Morningside (Iowa) (1) also claimed first-place votes in the poll.
• The top three teams held their positions for a second-consecutive week.
• Defending national champion Southern Oregon is attempting to become the first team to win back-to-back national crowns since former member Sioux Falls (S.D.) accomplished the feat in 2008 and 2009.
• Doane's (Neb.) two-spot jump from No. 8 to No. 6 gives the Tigers their highest ranking since resting in the same position on Oct. 16, 2001.
• After a 55-27 win against then-No. 10 Faulkner (Ala.) last weekend, No. 8 Reinhardt climbs up five spots for the best improvement. It is the Eagles best ranking in program history, and the first time that the club has been listed among the top 10.
• No. 14 Saint Xavier (Ill.) had the most significant drop, falling nine places after losing at unranked Concordia (Mich.), 35-14, on Oct. 10. This is the first time that the Cougars have been ranked outside of the top 10 this season.
• No new teams joined the Top 25 this week.
• Five teams enter the week with unbeaten records – Lindsey Wilson (5-0), Doane (6-0), No. 7 Saint Francis (Ind.) (6-0), Reinhardt (6-0) and No. 15 Kansas Wesleyan (6-0).
• Four teams have held the No. 1 ranking this season – Lindsey Wilson, Marian, Morningside and Southern Oregon.
• The Frontier Conference, Great Plains Athletic Conference (GPAC) and the Mid-States Football Association Midwest League lead all conferences with four programs represented.
• The GPAC, Mid-States Football Association Mideast League and Mid-South Conference West Division all have multiple teams listed among the top 10.
• The Central States Football League is the lone conference without representation in this week's installment.
• Thirty-five different teams have been ranked in 2015.
• Carroll (Mont.) owns the most top-billings with 58, followed by former member Sioux Falls (S.D.) (55), Georgetown (Ky.) (25), Morningside (18) and Saint Xavier (Ill.) (14).
• With the 187-straight Top 25 streak of Saint Francis (Ind.) snapped in mid-October last year, Carroll owns the active lead with 186. Morningside (105) and Saint Xavier (95) own the next longest streaks.
• Missouri Valley had its streak of 118-consecutive Top 25 mentions snapped on Sept. 28.
• Morningside holds the longest active streak of top 10 rankings, having been listed among the top 10 teams for 54-straight polls dating back to Sept. 19, 2011.
• For more information on NAIA football, click here.
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
• Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
• The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team's ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
• Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered "receiving votes."
• For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2015 NAIA Football Coaches' Top 25 Poll – No. 5 (Oct. 12)
|RANK||LAST TIME^||SCHOOL (1ST PLACE VOTES)||2015 RECORD||TOTAL POINTS|
|1||1||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) (12)||5-0||338|
|2||2||Southern Oregon (2)||4-1||323|
|3||3||Morningside (Iowa) (1)||5-1||319|
|5||7||Grand View (Iowa)||5-1||282|
|7||9||Saint Francis (Ind.)||6-0||273|
|9||11||Robert Morris (Ill.)||4-1||237|
|14||5||Saint Xavier (Ill.)||4-2||178|
|16||18||William Penn (Iowa)||4-2||137|
|17||12||Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.)||5-1||124|
|19||22||St. Francis (Ill.)||5-1||110|
|23||24||Webber International (Fla.)||3-2||48|
|24||25||Dickinson State (N.D.)||6-1||46|
|25||23||St. Ambrose (Iowa)||4-1||8|
Dropped from the Top 25: None
Others Receiving Votes: Peru State (Neb.) 7; Campbellsville (Ky.) 6; Concordia (Mich.) 4; Concordia (Neb.) 4; SAGU (Texas) 3.
^ Top 25 ranking from Oct. 5, 2015 Top 25 Poll