KANSAS CITY, MO- NAIA Network Division II Women's Basketball Game of the Week, presented by Stretch Internet. Mayville State (N.D.) (14-7; 5-2) at No. 20 Dickinson State (N.D.) (17-5; 5-1). Saturday, Feb. 6 | 4 p.m. MST | Dickinson, N.D.
Live Video – Powered by Stretch Internet
• The 2015-16 season marks the first year for the NAIA Network Division II Women's Basketball Game of the Week, presented by Stretch Internet. These contests highlight member schools that utilize live Stretch Internet – the NAIA's video partner for 22-of-23 national championships – as their online video partner. At least one of two schools in the Game of the Week is a Stretch Internet client.
• The NAIA Network (www.NAIANetwork.com) is the official video-streaming portal of the NAIA.
• Mayville State (N.D.) looks to even the season series against No. 20 Dickinson State (N.D.) in a North Star Athletic Association matchup, Feb. 6.
• Mayville State's trio of Jenna Lundon, Joelle Ertl and Liza Hoglo combine for a total of 18 NAIA individual rankings including: 3-point field goals made per game (No. 1), free throw percentage (No. 15) and offensive rebounds per game (22).
• Dickinson State looks for its defense to lead the way as the team is ranked second in the NAIA in defensive rebounds per game (32.6), fourth in assist/turnover ratio (1.3) and field goal percentage defense (0.34).
• Since 2003, the series is 15-9 in favor of Dickinson State. In the most recent meeting between the two teams on Jan. 20, Dickinson State came away with the win, 82-76.
Around NAIA Division II Women's Basketball
(Through games played on Jan. 4)
• The fourth NAIA Network Game of the Week, presented by Stretch Internet, highlighted then-No. 24 Huntington (Ind.) and No. 3 Marian (Ind.). The Knights used a 20-5 fourth quarter run to extend its winning streak to 13 games in a 71-56 victory, Jan. 30.
• No. 1 Saint Xavier (Ill.) continues its reign at the top of the poll this week. The Cougars are on a six-game win streak and will meet Governors State (Ill.) this Saturday. For the complete release, click here.
• Saint Xavier's 24 wins leads the NAIA. Morningside (Iowa) is second with 23.
• Eight teams have 20-plus wins on the season.
• Becca Sabol of Madonna (Mich.) was named this week's NAIA Division II Women's Basketball Player of the Week. For the complete release, click here.
• No. 17 Indiana Wesleyan exploded for a 32-6 run in the first half against No. 18 Goshen (Ind.), Feb. 3 to seal the game in a 69-40 victory. The Wildcats held Goshen to 24 percent shooting.
• No. 2 Morningside guard Lexi Ackerman reached career milestone Feb. 3, hitting her 1000th point during the Mustangs' 80-65 victory over Northwestern (Iowa). Ackerman tallied 15 points to raise her career total to 1,010 points and became the 26th women's basketball player in Morningside history to score 1,000 career points.
• Oklahoma Wesleyan recorded a NAIA game high Jan. 27 against Friends (Kan.) when the Eagles raked in 43 free throws. The Eagles went 43-for-49 from the charity stripe. Forward Susan Ageson went 8-for-8, leading her team to a 102-97 victory.
• No. 6 Olivet Nazarene (Ill.) continues to lead the NAIA in scoring offense per game (110.0) and in nine other categories including: assists per game (22.8), steals per game (18) and 3-point field goals made per game (15.9).
• Thomas (Ga.) ranks No. 1 in the NAIA in total rebounds per game (51.4). Forward Bra'shey Ali leads the team with 89 rebounds in 18 games played, while averaging 5.0 per game.
• Junior Ashleigh Vandenbrink is shooting 51 percent from behind the arc, which leads the NAIA in 3-point field goal percentage. Vandenbrink is 60-for-118 in 23 games played and averages 2.6 three pointers per game.
• Seven players currently average 20 points per game or more. Leading the pack is Haley Froelich of Presentation (S.D.), who averages 26.1 points per game. She recorded a season-high 37 points in two games this season. In her two most recent games, Froelich scored 34 points against No. 8 Jamestown (N.D.) and 29 against No. 20 Dickinson State. Froelich is fourth in total scoring in the NAIA (522).
• Three programs are still looking for their first win.
• Game of the Week Results:
o Jan. 9 – No. 7 St. Francis (Ill.) def. No. 1 Saint Xavier (Ill.), 73-61
o Jan. 16 – No. 7 College of the Ozarks (Mo.) def. No. 17 Haskell (Kan.), 88-81
o Jan. 23 – No. 19 Tabor (Kan.) def. No. 25 Friends (Kan.), 76-67
o Jan. 30 – No. 3 Marian (Ind.) def. No. 25 Huntington (Ind.), 71-56
• This week's Top 25 matchups:
o Saturday, Feb. 6 – No. 12 Concordia (Neb.) at No. 2 Morningside (Iowa)
o Saturday, Feb. 6 – No. 15 Cardinal Stritch (Wis.) at No. 24 St. Ambrose (Iowa)
• For a complete list of the NAIA Division II Women's Basketball statistical leaders, click here.
• Since 1998, Sioux City, Iowa, has been the home of the NAIA Division II Women's Basketball National Championship. The 25th annual 32-team, single-elimination championship takes place at the Tyson Events Center from March 9-15. For more information on the 2016 national championship, click here.
National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics
Communications and Sports Information Intern
1200 Grand Blvd. Kansas City, MO 64106
O 816.595.8182 C 417.818.2657 F 816.595.8200